|My favourite products this month|
- MAC Face & Body Foundation in N1 (£23.50) - I really have to thank Rebecca from Le Salon de Beaute for this I had been wanting to try it for ages but wasn't sure which shade to get. My local counter doesn't stock it so after some advice from her I went for N1. This is perfect for me, but it does oxidise a lot, so in winter I probably couldn't use it, but now I have a tiny bit of a tan, it is fine. I apply it with a sponge and press it into the skin so it gives a nice natural finish with a bit of dewiness. I think it is great value for the amount you get.
- MAC Studio Finish Concealer (£13.50) - Possibly my Holy Grail concealer. I used to always fear concealer, thinking it would look cakey and obvious when I applied it. However, this one is perfect. I got it in NW15, NW20 and NW25 (I think you can tell I like it!) and it is great for under the eyes and on spots. I use it with a MAC 217 brush and buff it into the skin. For me, it is better than concealers I have bought for more than 3 times the price. I also love the fact that this has spf 35.
- Nars Multiple Bronzer in Tuomota (£29) - This is the fairest bronzer Nars do and although I haven't tried it, I imagine it to be similar to Chanel's Bronze Universal in texture. It is beautifully creamy and blends like a dream. I apply it from the stick to my cheeks, sides of my forehead, along my jawline and on the bridge of my nose then use my fingers to blend. It has no shimmer.
- Nars Multiple in Orgasm (£29) - The famous blush shade but in cream form. It gives a subtle wash of colour to the cheeks and just the right amount of shimmer to contrast with the matte bronzer. For summer, I hate powder products so these multiples are great.
- Le Metier de Beaute Blush in Echo - I don't use this as a blush, instead I take a fluffy eyeshadow brush and use it for a wash of colour over the eye. It probably shouldn't work, but strangely enough it does. It ties the whole look together. If I want a bit more definition, I roughly line both top and bottom lashline with a Chanel pencil in Gris and blend with the shadow.
- Chanel Imitable Mascara in Purple (£22) - I actually wanted this in black but they only had purple in stock so I went for it as I know purples and burgundys tend to flatter my green eyes. Doesn't clump or smudge which is good enough for me.
- Rouge Dior Lipstick in 540 Spring Pink (£22.50) - A beautiful light peach with a hint of pink. It has a strong fragrance but is creamy enough to feel comfortable on the lips. It's a perfect everyday shade for Spring/Summer when you don't want to look too made up.
- Le Metier de Beaute Sheer Brilliance Lip Gloss in Ibiza - Yet another Holy Grail product I have found in the month I was meant to be on a spending ban, mus tbe a sign! I will never use another lip gloss again. Smells divine and is a light pink/peach shimmery shade but compliments the Dior lipstick. My aim is to own all the Le Metier Sheer Brilliance glosses and Lip Cremes, even if I have to pay exorbeant US shipping prices to get them. That is how much I love them.
|Swatches left to right: Le Metier Lip Gloss in Ibiza, Rouge Dior Lipstick in Summer Pink, Le Metier Echo Blush, Nars Tuomota Multiple, Nars Tuomota Multiple blended, Nars Orgasm Multiple, Nars Orgasm Multiple blended|
I tried to take a picture of all the products applied to my face, but as with most natural looks, it didn't show up at all well. The best way I can describe it is it takes me looking from at death's door, to healthy (it fools the doctor anyway!). The textures ensure that even with a full face of makeup, it looks natural for summertime.
All the products should still be available nationwide apart from Le Metier de Beaute which can only be accessed in the UK via American department stores that ship internationally like Nordstrom.
I will hopefully have some scheduled posts up this coming week on my current skincare favourites and fragrance favourites whilst I sit my law exams. After that, blogging will resume as normal.
There are still some items left in my blog sale, inlcuding one of the Le Metier de Beaute Lip glosses I have been raving about (once I got it I realised without having to try it that the shade was way too dark for me, would look lovely on darker skintones though). All the prices have been reduced for the Bank Holiday tomorrow so take a look here.
For everyone who has already purchased, thanks for your prompt payment and I will endeavour to post everything first thing Tuesday morning.