|My January Must-haves (excuse the burn on the candle casing, matches and I do not make the best combination!)|
Lets start with the products that have really impressed me this month:
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadow in Solstice Halcyon £22 - this was a Christmas present and after hearing so many bloggers rave about it, I was concerned I'd be disappointed. When I first applied it i did so too heavily and wasn't keen but since then I've worn it nearly everyday in January, especially good for when I'm in a hurry.
- Malin & Goetz Mojito Lip Balm £10 - I saw this recommended somewhere (can't remember eaxctly where) and I can see why. It tastes yummy, and is moisturising without being greasy or waxy. It comes out of the tube like a clear gloss and is a firm favourite. I'm always on the look out for a great lip moisturiser and after being so bitterly disappointed with By Terry's Baume de Rose (too greasy for me), am thrilled to have found this. At £10, it's a lot cheaper too!
- All for Eve Body Lotion £7.95 - I'm onto my second bottle of this already and I have 3 back ups, that is how much I like it. I found it on sale in Fenwicks after Christmas so thought I'd give it a try and the results have been wonderful, so much better than the Decleor System Corps I previously used. Lightweight but still providing good hydration, with a fresh, clean scent, my skin feels soft when I wake up in the morning after using it at night. It has even helped with those pesky bumps (KP) on the tops of my arms, they are finally smooth for the first time in years!
- Lipstick Queen Saint Wine £17 - I've posted about Lipstick Queen Saint Nude before, as although I personally don't like nudes (came as part of a set), I was impressed by the formula. On my first visit to Space NK in years, I made a beeline for the Lipstick Queen counter and swatched away. Saint Wine is perfect as it is an easy to wear, darker colour with just a small amount of pigment, and is also fairly moisturising. I prefer a lot of dark lipsticks blotted off to make them less harsh, and this product removes the need for that process. A lovely shade for winter.
- Clinique Redness Solutions Foundation in calming Alabaster £21 - As my acne has recently got a lot worse, my face is increasingly red and this foundation does a good job of minimising that. It also last well on my oily skin. my only gripe is that this is the fairest shade and it is still a little too dark for me. I need to remember to be extra careful to blend it into the neck and hairline to avoid a tide line. I'd love to try the Clinique Anti-blemish Foundation as well to see how it works with the spots that have taken up permanent residence on my face.
- Emma Hardie Candle - This came as part of a gift set with the night cream and having never used scented candles before I was initially dismissive. The scent is very similar to that of the cleanser, warming and natural, but I could imagine some people might find it a little heady, my mother can't stand it! I don't think I can buy another as it was never a stand alone item but I definitely want to try out some more scented candles when this runs out. Does anyone have any recommendations?
- Butter London Yummy Mummy £10 - My perfect nude. Enough said.
Now onto the products that I would love to get my hands on next month (or at least bought today!):
- Chanel Nail Polish in Black Pearl £17 - You've probably noticed I have a bit of a thing for Chanel nail polishes, I have a tendency to collect them. I got all three of the Spring releases this morning and will try to have some posts up with similar shades/dupes in the next couple of days.
- Chanel Ombres Perlees Eyeshadow Palette £39 - A limited edition palette of 5 cool, almost metallic looking eyeshadows, I couldn't resist. I've dipped my finger in one shade and am not impressed though, verdict is out on that one.
- Katy Perry for OPI Collection £9.95 a bottle - I picked up the two non glitter shades, The One That Got Away (a shimmery berry) and Not Like The Movies (an oil on water effect). They look stunning and they'll be a NOTD very soon.
- Liz Earle Shampoo & Conditioner for Oily Hair - I've been meaning to get this kit off QVC for ages as it is SLS free. Maybe February will be the month I finally do.
- MAC Peacocky Collection - Released on Thursday, when I have no money, I have had to dramatically adjust my wish list. I would like the new Kissable Lip Colours in Flaunting It (mauve) and Scandleicious (vivid dark pink) and one or two of the new Mega Metal Eyeshadows, maybe Noir Plum and Unflappable. I hope the quality is as good as a lot of American bloggers have said.
|Chanel Pearl Drop, OPI The One That Got Away, Chanel Black Pearl, OPI Not Like The Movies, Chanel Peche Nacree|